Thursday 22 October 2009

Cake Box...

I have started looking at the types of packaging that I can create for the cakes and other products from Cake&Co.

I want to create packaging that is;
totally practical for each individual product
  • cheap to produce, as the goods have a short shelf life, and the packaging will end up in the bin pretty quickly
  • clever and different from what you might expect
  • I have been focusing initially on the individual cupcake box. This box needs to be well designed so that the cake is enclosed and cannot slide around, big enough so that the cake is not squashed, and tall so that the icing is not crushed when the box is closed.

    I have been looking at suitable shapes, and produced these mock-ups as options for the cupcake box...they are all thiner at the bottom to help stop the cake moving around, and wider at the top to protect the icing...


    No comments:

    Post a Comment