Thursday 22 October 2009

Crit Feedback...

We had a crit on Wednesday, and I was able to get feedback on all 3 of the briefs I have started as well as the collaborative brief that I am doing with Sara. These are the basic notes that I made whist the feedback was being given;

Sustainable Packaging Brief...
- First hand research - go to Boots and look at what is on the shelf next to the products I am redesigning.
- Layout of the text - make it clearer
- Stock test - how will the stock/materials improve the personality of the products
- Might I include imagery?
- Find a happy medium with the type, not too overlapped or spaced out
- Plain bottles and simple colours works well
- Keep the design clear and clean
- Needs to feel more expert and crisp

Branding...
- Logo works well
- The colour palette is well chosen and hints at a retro-ish theme
- Use the logo within the doily shape, green circle with brown edge

Type & Product...
- Woodblock design with highlighted lyrics is the most popular
- Work with the order of the words on the digitally produced designs
- Lyric designs are less obviously christmas, less cliche
- Make the woodblock designs a little less distressed, not so gothic
- More white space - the design should not touch the edges of the cards
- Colour combinations are a good choice
- Gold/Silver accent will make the design pop, and not overpower with too much colour or glitter

I am going to devise an Action Plan that will relate to each of the points made in the crit, as well as the areas I feel I need to develop/ explore and design in. I also need to plan time around letterpress development and screen printing my outcomes.
The action plan will start on the first day back after the reading week (scheduled for next week).

No comments:

Post a Comment